10 Day Family Camp at Wilderness Ministries Bible Camp & Retreat Center is cancelled
Due to Covid19 emergency measures regulations, we have been forced to cancel both our 10 Day Family camp and Fall Fellowship Weekend. We had hopes that more restrictions would be lifted and are very disappointed to have to cancel the large group events. In the meantime, we are able to accommodate small groups – with some restrictions. Perhaps you would like to organize a small group event at the camp? If so, contact us to book your date.
Thank you to all who continue to support the camp financially, through this unusual time. Gifts can be sent by Electronic Funds Transfer, by Pre Authorized Debit, by Bill Payment option through your bank as well as by Cheque or Money Order through the mail. For electronic transfers e-mail to: email@example.com or for mail in gifts, please send to: Wilderness Ministries Inc, P.O. Box 1258, Nipawin, Saskatchewan, S0E 1E0
Work has been continuing around the camp! We were able to get a permit to work on the channel into the marina and have been able to make major improvements to the break water. We thank God for His blessings, and we have been able to purchase our own spray foam rig and the spray foam chemical for the chapel/dining hall. We have a certified operator who is willing to do this huge job for us. PTL! This will be a huge step forward to make the camp more user friendly year round!
We are thankful to God for the many volunteers who have:
– removed dead or dying trees and turned them into firewood
– split wood and put it in the wood sheds
– mowed grass and whipper snipped
– helped with electrical
– helped with the garden, preparing food and meals, cabin & washroom cleaning
– harvested pine and tamarack trees from the forest
– peeled the trees for spindles and railing and sawed the 3 logs for newel posts
– repaired the mower, truck and trailer lights
– plus numerous other tasks
-In this time of Covid19 turmoil: We are THANKFUL for families and groups who have come and enjoyed camping and fellowship with each other, as well as the small groups who are booked to come to camp this year! It is a big encouragement for us to see people utilizing the camp facilities.
– Continuous grass to cut and whipper snip, clean up of dead trees and brush removal and trees blown down in the wind storm
– Cabin repair and maintenance (including window replacement)
– Roofs to repair
– Cabin & kitchen cleaning (including windows)
– Fire pits to make
– Windows and doors for Chapel/dining hall – approximate cost $80,000 in-stalled (400 gifts of $200 designated to this project would get us there!)
– For God’s direction and provision for future camp directors
– God’s presence and protection to be very evident everywhere on the camp property
– Salvation of all the family and friends of the camp
– All of camp’s financial needs abundantly met
– God’s blessings on all our volunteers
Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men that they may see your good works and glorify your Father which is in Heaven.”
Ron and I are not getting any younger, and our age and the years of hard work have been taking a toll on our bodies. Therefore, even more than other years, we cannot physically perform many of the tasks and maintenance needed. If you have time and would like to help in the work load at the camp, please call Ron @ 3063-862-7558 or Donalda @ 306-862-6975
We covet your prayers and thank you for praying for this ministry.
Hebrews 13:8 “Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever.”